Via Democracy Now!
One of the first acts of civil disobedience at the Democratic National Convention took place Tuesday just outside the Time Warner Cable Center when a group of 10 undocumented activists rode into uptown Charlotte aboard the “No Papers, No Fear–Ride for Justice” bus and blocked traffic. The activists have been riding aboard the “UndocuBus” protesting the Obama administration’s immigration policies for the past six weeks. They took part in Tuesday’s protest knowing they could face deportation if arrested. Democracy Now! was there when the activists left the bus and marched to the site of the Democratic National Convention. We then spoke to Tania Unzueta, whose father, mother and sister were arrested during the action and possibly face deportation.
- NYC ANTIFA is an autonomous blog that is trying through different media (news, videos and information in general) help to build, defend, educate and create an effective cultural resistance against fascism.
- RT @nycforabortion: TOMORROW @ 5pm sharp, join @nycDSA and NYCFAR to picket, chant, and learn about the institutions that have fought again… 3 hours ago
- RT @josephfcox: New: Facebook is removing posts and temporarily banning people who say that they will mail abortion pills to those who need… 18 hours ago
- The people who filmed the police killings of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, Freddie Gray & Eric Garner were all… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- One Nazi who was confronted in Sacramento was William Planer. He was the only Nazi arrested, even tho many of the N… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- RT @nycforabortion: SATURDAY 7/2 @ 8AM | SoHo, NYC Join us for our monthly clinic defense and help block Witness for Life/@NY_Arch from h… 1 day ago
- Highly recommend people familiarize themselves with the people involved in the Far Right content mill and strategiz… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- honestly, we're never going to get tired of rudy crying about getting clapped on the back and called a scumbag by a prole. 1 day ago
- RT @exiledarizona: The national guard is now on the streets of Downtown Phoenix helping erect barricades for ongoing demonstrations. Arizo… 1 day ago